Budgeting, Forecasting and Reporting
Course Start Date: 16th July
Training Duration: 4 Days
Practical application through exercises:
- Excel Exercises
Learn about the different budgeting techniques and the importance of budgeting in planning.
Learn about a systematic approach to developing budgets.
Understand how to use variance analysis to track budget vs actual performance.
Learn about different methods of forecasting and how forecasting helps in planning.
Learn effective reporting techniques via excel with focus on forecasting.
- A brief look into planning and strategy
- Describe the role that budgeting plays in the overall planning and performance evaluation process of an organization.
- Characteristics that define successful budgeting processes
- The budgeting cycle
- Approaches of Budgeting
- Types of Budgeting – Static , Rolling , Incremental, Cash, Activity Based, Zero Based etc.
- Budgetary Slack
- The Budgetary Control Process
- Types of Cost used in the budgetary control process – fixed, variable etc.
- Standard Cost
- Purpose for Standard setting
- What causes a variance in budgets
- Variance analysis
- Bridge Analysis in understanding variance.
Exercise : Delegates would be required to identify variances and analyze the cause
- What is Forecasting?
- Features and Benefits of Forecasting
- Comparison between Budgeting and Forecasting
- What goes into building a forecast ?
- Forecasting Techniques – Regression, Scenario Analysis etc.
- Forecasting in Excel – Straight line, Moving Average, Regression, Scenario Analysis etc.
- Revenue and profit forecasting
- Importance of Contingency in forecasting.
Exercise : Delegates will be required to practise forecasting via excel .
- The Report writing process
- Planning in writing a report
- Reporting on Budgets
- Equip the budget model with multiple scenarios on revenue, cost and cash flow drivers
- Use of sensitivity analysis and importance of flexible budgeting in practice
- Create a professional and attractive dashboard to showcase summary and results
- Able to analyse impact of multiple scenarios using excel buttons
- Exercise : Delegates will be required reporting via excel