About the client:
Our client is the world’s biggest oil producer and one of the largest companies in the world by revenue. It is officially based in Saudi Arabia and has an estimated 270 billion barrels in reserves.
With many ways of delivering value from a barrel of oil — including nonmetallic and crude-to-chemicals products, the company moved beyond traditional markets while also investing in new technological solutions to achieve more efficient production and consumption of oil, including enhancing the sustainability of transportation with new high-performance engines and fuels. In the 2020 Forbes Global 2000, the company was ranked as the 5th -largest public company in the world.
What business challenge were they experiencing?
The main challenge faced by the team was being able to understand the valuation of financial statements and commonly used financial jargon. During meetings, when the valuation and impact of numbers were explained, they weren’t able to understand thoroughly.
Therefore, the client wanted a learning solution that would:
• Ensure the professionals understood the fundamentals of various financial and accounting statements and commonly used financial jargon.
• Provide them with the right skills and tools required to understand how everyday business transactions impact a firm’s financial performance
• Develop a learning solution that could gauge the impact of training on the participants’ skills and technical know-how of conducting risk analysis
What solution did Kaplan Professional ME provide?
A collaboratively customized Oil & Gas – Finance for Non-Finance Professionals Programme.
How did Kaplan Professional ME work with the client to develop the solution?
• To develop the learning solution, Kaplan used the ‘collaborative customization’ approach
• The course outline, the content, and the learning outcomes were developed by conducting multiple rounds of consultative interviews with key stakeholders of the organization
• It resulted in the creation of a highly bespoke program content encompassing pre-assessments, interactive case studies, and post-assessments
How was the training delivered?
• The training was delivered face-to-face (F2F) over four days for 8 hours each day. It was interactive and included relevant business scenarios and financial statements
• We also shared case studies where the participants had to comparatively analyze the past financial performance of Saudi Aramco
• We also conducted pre-assessments and post-assessments before and after the program to measure the impact of training among the
What aspects were highly appreciated by the client?
• Collaborative customization of program and content through a consultative approach
• Industry experienced trainer with multiple qualifications conducting the interactive delivery
• Specialized exercises and interactive case studies for each topic in the program
• Comprehensive pre-and post-assessments along with support material for the effective embedding of learning
• The improvement in candidate scores
What did the candidates think of the programme?
• “Lots of examples provided! Great comparative analysis of the financial statements.”
• “The key concepts were explained really well and it was great to learn how financial reports can help improve organizational health.”
• “The training content was very well structured!”
• “The trainer was very knowledgeable, friendly, and approachable. Answered all our queries. Overall, a very valuable training.”