Who is a Tax Agent?
Tax agents in the UAE play an extremely important role in assisting with the operation of the country’s tax system. The concept of a tax agent is to help businesses to be compliant in respect of their tax obligations:
- A person is allowed to appoint another person(s) as their tax agent(s) to act in their name and on their behalf regarding their tax affairs with the Federal Tax Authority (FTA).
- A tax agent assists the person in the fulfillment of their tax obligations and the exercise of their associated tax rights.
Tax agents are usually engaged by their clients through the tax agency with which they are associated in order to provide tax-related services which include, but are not limited to:
- Helping the businesses register with the UAE Federal Tax Authority
- Preparing and submitting tax returns to the UAE Federal Tax Authority on behalf of the businesses
- Maintaining tax-related records and/or information
- Enquiring about tax-related matters with the UAE Federal Tax Authority
- Submitting requests for reconsideration of decisions issued by the UAE Federal Tax Authority
If you are interested in attaining a Certified Diploma in VAT for the Middle East region, then Kaplan Professional Middle East is here to help you achieve it with the support of the industry’s leading taxation trainers.
Information Source: UAE Federal Tax Authority